Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is this a M26 or m36 Adrian helmet?

Article about: An out of the wood work and untouched helmet that I picked it up at a show. What is it and is it war time, late war or into post war? There's no date on the liner or shell and on the reverse

Don't mess with those prongs on the badge too much. They tend to weaken with age...

?

Thanks, appreciate that info. The badge is now back on the helmet and it will not be removed again, at least under my ownership. The only reason I removed it in the first place was to verify it was original. And also now I know that the helmet is a post war issued helmet, I will most likey sell it and look for a nice war time one as I don't collect beyond WWII, Ray

Ray, Your last post sums it up. Post War helmet with WWII insignia. Good luck finding a WWII example. You now have a link to an excellent web site that will give you all the details needed. This was an interesting thread for me as well. Cheers, Neil

?

I can't believe I had that link in my favorite file for years. Apparently I had used it to check out some other countries helmet and saved it. When I started to research my helmet I remembered it and checked it out and was amazed how much more detailed it was for the French helmets then it was for the other helmets. Of course I shouldn't have been be surprised, after all it is a French site and who would know French helmets better. It will certainly help me in identifying and buying a correct earlier helmet, Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 07-06-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2