Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Malta camo helmet?

Article about: Hi Guys I got this helmet from a junk shop while on holiday in Malta ,what do you experts think about it? have I got the real thing or is it a fake?

Looks good and I hope it is a good helmet for you.

I look forward to seeing better pics of this. Lets hope its a good one without any tears!
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by pluto View Post
    Hi Guys
    I got this helmet from a junk shop while on holiday in Malta ,what do you experts think about it? have I got the real thing or is it a fake?
    I do like the over all wear and patina to the helmet body I have been studing the area of the flash and it would appear that the paint in this area is quite a bit lighter and smoother and the rest of the helmet body which is sporting a textured finish this suggests to me that the flash has been removed and or the paint that was applied to the helmet body had an adverse reaction with the paint that was used for the flash and it is now gone if you run a finger nail through the area of the flash does it stop at the textured finish ?
    It has been gone for some time as there are signs of scraping ,scuffing, and rust bleed that cross this area from the textured finish IMO it stands a chance but the devil will be in the details and much better images are needed in natural defused sunlight.

Regards Mark
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12