Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Malta helmet camo

Article about: Glad to have been of some help.

?

Default Re: Malta helmet camo

Glad to have been of some help.

?

Thanks Guys for the info on the flash, really informative

Really Great find an amazing helmet

lovely helmet tinlid and some great information tony and welcome to the forum

Hi all,
    I am fairly new to the forum but I have been seeking images of the Italian campaign and i came across this great picture. The caption doesn't give much information away but you can clearly see the Malta camouflage and the Flash beneath the nets.

"British troops in a landing craft assault (LCA), 9 July 1943" Operation Husky, Invasion of Sicily.
    Imperial War Museum NA 4502
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	© IWM (NA 4502).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	705776  

?

Yes, I have that picture too, Here's some soldiers with what looks like black camo over their helmets, Sicily I think.
    Then some more in landing craft, plus bren carrier.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gazmaskbagcdolanding_zps5944a35d.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	238.9 KB 
ID:	705905   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s_w02_30710028.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	705906  

Attached Images Attached Images  

MAP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Yes, I have that picture too, Here's some soldiers with what looks like black camo over their helmets, Sicily I think.
    Then some more in landing craft, plus bren carrier.
    Not related to helmets but cool to see the different types of arms they are carrying in the landing craft. A nice Thompson, a couple of Brens, but not sure what the long barrelled weapon is. Any ideas...
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I was interested to see the bren's & also the smle's. The other gun is I believe a Boys anti tank rifle.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I was interested to see the bren's & also the smle's. The other gun is I believe a Boys anti tank rifle.
    Thanks, that's what i thought as well but just couldn't remember the name. Wouldn'twant to be the holding that pea shooter against a Tiger. I think it's real interesting to see the thompson
    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I hope old mate on the left had the safety on with his Bren. It's pointed right at the back of the guy in front.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast