Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Malta helmet camo

Article about: Glad to have been of some help.

?

I got it here in the UK, are there any stonewall camo left in Malta?
    Thanks for the comment's

?

Actually last Sunday there were 5 British helmets for sale at Birgu market,there was a brodie helmet shell that still had some original heavy sand textured paint but someone had ruined it by welding the bolt hole shut,there was also 3 Mk1's and a MK2 but all were rusty enough that no original paint was visible,no doubt the MK1's and MK2 were Malta camo's at one point, I have noticed that most Malta camos that I have seen are usually Mk1's, the one I've got has SS stenciled in white paint inside it (maybe it means star star?)
    Anyway ,the quest for the holy grail continues..........
    PS Is there a way of finding who LT Deas is?

?

I did a quick Google on LT Deas and looked through my Malta books but nothing came up.
    SS I have seen in Mk2 helmets, it means the rim is stainless steel. As apossed to an M in a Mk1* which means the rim is magnetic.

?

Fakers "R" us, as some of our friends on ebay are probably doing so right now.
    But in this case, I'll let him off.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Malta helmet camo  

SMP
    ?

Great photo ! Do you have info about it ?

?

No sorry, just one I found off the net quite awhile ago.

Quote by pluto View Post
    Actually last Sunday there were 5 British helmets for sale at Birgu market,there was a brodie helmet shell that still had some original heavy sand textured paint but someone had ruined it by welding the bolt hole shut,there was also 3 Mk1's and a MK2 but all were rusty enough that no original paint was visible,no doubt the MK1's and MK2 were Malta camo's at one point, I have noticed that most Malta camos that I have seen are usually Mk1's, the one I've got has SS stenciled in white paint inside it (maybe it means star star?)
    Anyway ,the quest for the holy grail continues..........
    PS Is there a way of finding who LT Deas is?
    Nice one Joe, keep looking, another will turn up !! I quite fancied the Jerry Can's I saw at Birgu market, I may have had a problem getting one on the plane as hand luggage however !!

Here is a nice example in the Malta at War Museum
    Cheers

This was an interesting one at the Malta War Museum at Valletta

?

Hi Martin
    Yeah ,I saw the jerry cans as well but they were post war dated, Like Aaron said ,this new revival of the rubble wall camo will probably trigger a new wave of fakes on E-bay,we'll just have to wait and see

Quote by pluto View Post
    Hi Martin
    Yeah ,I saw the jerry cans as well but they were post war dated, Like Aaron said ,this new revival of the rubble wall camo will probably trigger a new wave of fakes on E-bay,we'll just have to wait and see
    Didn't inspect the Jerry cans really.

Were the camo's not all based on the wall theme then ???

Cheers

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast