Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk 1 Para Helmet - Need screws

Article about: Everyone....help please. My friend picked this helmet up recently. I'm not schooled in these but am told it is a 1942 dated British Mk 1 Para Helmet. It appears to be in great shape, however

MAP
    ?

Default Mk 1 Para Helmet - Need screws

Everyone....help please.

My friend picked this helmet up recently. I'm not schooled in these but am told it is a 1942 dated British Mk 1 Para Helmet.

It appears to be in great shape, however it is missing two screws and nuts that hold the liner and chinstrap.

He would like to complete this with original parts.

Does anyone know where I can get them for him? Or is this a fruitless hunt?

Please help if you can.

thanks!

Michael

Mk 1 Para Helmet - Need screwsMk 1 Para Helmet - Need screwsMk 1 Para Helmet - Need screws
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Hi Michael contact Aaron ( TinLids ) he helped me out last year with a replacement liner retention nut and bolt for one of my Mk II HSAT's he may have a couple kicking about.

Regards Mark

?

Looks like a really nice Mk1, small size by the thickness of the rubber pads.
    I am away at the moment, but I expect I have some Mk3 nuts and bolts.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Aaron. No rush. When ever you are back just let me know and we can talk

Mark: thanks for the direction.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)