Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?

Article about: Hello, I was given the opportunity to buy this proported Canadian WWII helmet for \\$75 + \\$12 shipping total \\$87. Is it authentic? Is it worth that much? Thanks Anton

Default MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?

Hello,
    I was given the opportunity to buy this proported Canadian WWII helmet for $75 + $12 shipping total $87.
    Is it authentic?
    Is it worth that much?
    Thanks
    Anton
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?   MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?  

MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?   MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?  

MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?   MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?  

Default Re: MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?

Canadian WWII helmet - but my feeling is that it's too much money.

Without the correct/original large brass screw and nut to attach
    the liner and without it's chinstrap, it is only worth about
    half of that I'd say. Maybe $30 - $40.

Looks to have been played around with or someone's attempt
    at a 'restoration' by mating a liner to a shell. There is also one
    liner support 'rubber nubby' things missing too.........

A complete original untouched helmet in really nice condition
    is worth $75 to $100 these days, I suppose.
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?

Yes, I knew it was missing the center part of the liner.
    I thought the paint looked original though.
    I saw this one on another site and noticed that the liner seemed to be crammed in to the one I am looking at possibly buying. Although they both seem to have the same screw setup.

Thanks for the info.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MK II 1940 Helmet Canadian Army is this Helmet Authentic - If so how much is it worth?  

$42. ( $30 + $12 postage ! ) but I'd wait for a better one to come along.

Depends how badly you want it, or if you can immediately find a nicer
    one for the same price. I don't think they are that hard to find.

I sometimes see empty helmet shells selling for $10 at shows.
    Regards,

Steve.

The only thing going for that helmet is the early date and batch number. 1940 dated CL/C's are fairly hard to find.

der5997
    ?

C /LC = Canadian Motor Lamp Company Ltd., Seminole Street, Windsor, Ont.
    The example our museum has just acquired is in very rough shape, with no liner and a nearly severed chin strap. shows the maker's mark. Thanks for interpreting the 88 as a batch number - I've learned a lot since last Thursday!
    I have a question. One photo I've seen shows the rim sealed with an over lapping joint. C L/C obviously used a spot weld. Any "standards" to which the manufacturers of Brodies had to adhere?

I'm not sure of the going rate for these but I paid half that for ours, with correct hardware......think ouors is 42 dated however, if that makes much of a differance in value.