Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mk.II Canadian textured finish?

Article about: Hi what do you think about this helmet? It has a textured finish, in your opinion is it original? The liner retention nut and bolt seems not correct, what do you think?

Default Mk.II Canadian textured finish?

Hi
    what do you think about this helmet?
    It has a textured finish, in your opinion is it original?
    The liner retention nut and bolt seems not correct, what do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk.II Canadian textured finish?   Mk.II Canadian textured finish?  

Mk.II Canadian textured finish?   Mk.II Canadian textured finish?  

Mk.II Canadian textured finish?  

?

No knowing a great deal about Canadian helmets, at least its an nice early one. I like the textured paint outside, but that's not to say it was done post war, liner retention nut and bolt are not correct, so is the liner?

Thanks Tinlid!
    The liner is certainly original since it is marked VMC and 1941 (see photo).
    Probably it was mounted only later. Let's say that the two pieces (shell and liner) separately look great and original and someone put them together, we don't know when ... but certainly not in the 40s ...
    Perhaps putting the original screw and nut and a chinstrap, could it become a beautiful piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk.II Canadian textured finish?  

Hi partisan,
    if you can help yourself to complete your helmet, here you can see the details of the original liner retention nut and bolt, of a WW2 example, to note also the Canadian dual-tone net.

Regards
    Roberto

Mk.II Canadian textured finish?Mk.II Canadian textured finish?Mk.II Canadian textured finish?

Thanks Olstyle,
    your helmet is very, very nice.
    If you are in Italy and you want sale it, let me know...
    I have noted the two tone net and Iak you if these canadian net was used only on canadian helmet or british mkII also?

Quote by partisan View Post
    Thanks Olstyle,
    your helmet is very, very nice.
    If you are in Italy and you want sale it, let me know...
    I have noted the two tone net and Iak you if these canadian net was used only on canadian helmet or british mkII also?
    Thanks Partisan,
    I do not sell it, it is one of the favorite Canadian helmets of my collection, because all its components are the original ones of this example, including the net.
    For your question: I have seen this type of network only on Canadian helmets, but I do not exclude that it may have been occasionally used also on British helmets; on this point other expert forum members may have more information.

Regards

Other opinions about the textured finish?
    Thanks

i like it also .

?

I have been watching that auction, my only concern is the changed bolt and lack of straps. I do want a 1940 Canadian for my collection sometime. The price is pretty good to be honest.

?

I found a guy in the UK a couple of years ago that was selling NOS the original bolt and nut for these type helmets.
    I needed them for my Australian helmet. They were good.
    From memory , look up SOF Soldier of Fortune on google to see if he still has stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast