Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay

Article about: Casualty station? Although it could be a company logo which had its own ARP personal

Default Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay

Asking on behalf of a friend: Does anyone know what the "CS" decal with the diamond represents? Unfortunately the manufacturing / date stamp are illegible. Also, the liner retaining nut is not the usual slotted type.

Many thanks,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay   Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay  

Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay   Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay  

Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay   Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Default Re: Mk.II A.R.P. helmet with "CS" decal overlay

Hello
    may be Casualty Service... ??
    cordially
    Didier

Many thanks Didier I'll await further confirmation.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

only other term I can think of is Civil Service?

Thanks René. Although by my definition of a civil servant, this is someone outside the military employed by the government. So a helmet seems an unlikely piece of equipment required by a civil servant. Maybe I'm wrong?

Regards,
    Tony

Not sure about the decal, but the securing bolt is just in the opposite way. This was usually done when the helmet had a cover...so one could remove the liner without taking the cover off as well. More than likely it was done like that on purpose...it is easier to install the liner this way.

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Thanks René. Although by my definition of a civil servant, this is someone outside the military employed by the government. So a helmet seems an unlikely piece of equipment required by a civil servant. Maybe I'm wrong?

Regards,
    Tony
    ARP where mostly civil volunteers under the direction of the local Gov't so it could be a off shoot from that?

Thanks again René and also mk1rceme for clearing up the securing bolt issue. Yes, now that I look closely at the interior view I can see the slotted cap screw.

Cheers,
    Tony

nothing from what I can see that is unusual about the liner nut. the flat blade screw is corroded there

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    nothing from what I can see that is unusual about the liner nut. the flat blade screw is corroded there
    Agreed, a standard fastener, although what threw the helmet's owner (and me) off was that this one is installed upside down. Normally the flat blade slotted end is found on top, not on the inside.

Regards,
    Tony

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast