Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mk IV MP helmet

Article about: Just need an opinion on this one guys. It's a Mk IV as the chin strap placement is low down and the liner is dated 45. It is MP marked and I have seen similar stuff knocking around on the in

Default Mk IV MP helmet

Just need an opinion on this one guys. It's a Mk IV as the chin strap placement is low down and the liner is dated 45. It is MP marked and I have seen similar stuff knocking around on the internet but don't feel confident enough to jump in without help. The pictures are not mine so sorry about the quality. Thanks in advance guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk IV MP helmet   Mk IV MP helmet  

Mk IV MP helmet  

As you say the pics are not the best but I reckon this one is perfectly fine.
    These were still around in the '80s at the point of change over to the MkVI albeit that they had later liners and were invisible under cam nets and scrim!

It was usual for ranks to be marked on both sides but not always.

The green gloss paint is "brunswick green" as was used on vehicles etc before the IRR NATO green now used. The red stripe is "pillar box red" and the red on blue MP is a decal.

Here are pics of my "sole survivor"

Mk IV MP helmetMk IV MP helmet

I hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-08-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Typo

'looks OK to me...I have a similar one with a '45 dated liner

Attachment 933357

Thanks guys for your help

Nice lids all.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, it looks fine to me as well, 20+ years ago I had one almost identical ( I would go as far as to say that it may even have been this one)!! A good looking helmet. Leon.