Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Mk1*

Article about: A bit battered & bruised, but this Mk1* looks to be an early one. Rimless, Mk1 liner dated 1937 & made by HELMETS Ltd, being the first year they made Mk1 liners. Mk1 chin strap lugs

?

Default Mk1*

A bit battered & bruised, but this Mk1* looks to be an early one.
    Rimless,
    Mk1 liner dated 1937 & made by HELMETS Ltd, being the first year they made Mk1 liners.
    Mk1 chin strap lugs introduced in 1937 replaced in 1938 by the Mk2 chin strap lug.
    Mk1 chin strap with large wire loops introduced in 1937, replaced in 1938 by the Mk2 chin strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk1*   Mk1*  

Mk1*   Mk1*  

Mk1*   Mk1*  

Mk1*   Mk1*  

Mk1*  

?

You must be very pleased with that, it's a really nice example and probably very hard to find.
    Steve

Very nice and as I always mention whenever one gets posted, I really would like to add a MKI* to my collection when I can find one within my price range.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Tinlid, a nice well dated MKI*, don't see to many of these around. Leon.

I notice it is for sale, but I am spent out at this time, perhaps another one will turn up local to me, he says hopefully.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice Aaron,so is this a true ww1 raw edge type A or type B Brodie................

?

I'm pretty sure the stamp is HS (Hadfields & Sons 1916-19) not sure what the difference is between A or B type.

So now for the "stupid question" of the week.from the spring of 1916 the awareness of danger as to what a raw edge could do was apparent hence why they added a steel rim to make it much safer while being in a trench,so why would the British consider it could enough some twenty plus years later to convert/issue to front line British troops?I can't see the point in them even considering the raw edge version when so many steel Helmet mk1 shells (rimmed)were available.............

Second silly question of the week,those Bales look like mk2 types as used on early mk2 shells?mk1's were square with a large rivet dome head...............maybe I should just shut up............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    So now for the "stupid question" of the week.from the spring of 1916 the awareness of danger as to what a raw edge could do was apparent hence why they added a steel rim to make it much safer while being in a trench,so why would the British consider it could enough some twenty plus years later to convert/issue to front line British troops?I can't see the point in them even considering the raw edge version when so many steel Helmet mk1 shells (rimmed)were available.............
    Hi Jake, looking closely at it do you think that this is a MKII that has lost its rim? It looks as though there may be a "shadow" running around the edge? Leon.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast