Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Mk1* RASC

Article about: A Mk1* with a flash of the Royal Army Service Corps or jokingly called run away someones coming (army humor) The job of the RASC was to supply units with food, fuel,ammunition & miscella

?

Default Mk1* RASC

A Mk1* with a flash of the Royal Army Service Corps or jokingly called run away someones coming (army humor)
    The job of the RASC was to supply units with food, fuel,ammunition & miscellaneous equipment from depots established by the service in brigade, division, army corps or army level.
    These WW1 Mk1's were refurbished from 1937 to about 1939,& called Mk1*'s. When you consider the Mk1 liner came out in 1937 & made by HELMETS Ltd a year before the Mk2 was produced.
    The helmet itself was made by Thomas Firth & Sons from Sept 15-1919, it has a very heavy textured finish & smooth khaki green paint on the inside.The flash looks to have been over painted then exposed.
    It has the early chin strap lugs introduced in 1937 until replaced in mid 1937 by the Mk2 chin strap lugs,the liner is dated 1938 & made by J.C.S & W Ltd, it has the quality control stamp plus some numbers also.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC   Mk1*  RASC  

Mk1*  RASC  

?

Nice flashed helmet Aaron I like it a lot interesting to see the early pre Mk II liner.

Regards Mark K

Now thats a proper lid Aaron,thats what i want in my collection,the texture is top notch,classic BEF type,thanx for showing.........

?

Thanks Mark & Jake, if you want an early British army helmet that was used in France with the BEF or out in the middle east against the Italians or even the DAK, then this is what you need to have. Most of the first batches of Mk2's went to the ARP, Fire & Police, so the army was mostly issued these Mk1*'s. But obviously the Mk2's soon came on line & replaced them as & when needed.

Excellent helmet and great with the flash, superb MkI*
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Aaron I am on the hunt for a flashed early Canadian Mk I to add to my collection I have missed out on a few over the last couple of months just have to be patient I guess one will come up sooner or later.

Regards Mark K

Lovely helmet Aaron!! thanks for showing.

?

Fantastic!
    Piotrek