Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mk11 helmet with wire.

Article about: Hi,has anyone a mk11 helmet with wire for camouflage in their collection or do they exist.?

Default Mk11 helmet with wire.

Hi,has anyone a mk11 helmet with wire for camouflage in their collection or do they exist anymore?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk11 helmet with wire.  

If there are period photos, then that means yes, they existed. It might just be hard to find..

?

They look like nets to me not wire

‘You hear that?....that’s the sound of a countdown clock until we see one for sale on Ebay from our friends...... :-)

Clearly it also has wire on the net.

?

To me it looks like a cord thread through the net for attaching scrim or foliage.

The bit at the back of the helmet looks like it’s hooked under the rim and it’s looks to thick to be cord?

?

It could be, I've never seen wire used on a British helmet before, I have seen a thicker cord used so that is where I would lean.
    Look at this link Scrimmed Mk II Helmet – Tales from the Supply Depot looks very similar.

I've added one image for reference.

Mk11 helmet with wire.

?

I think the majority of the time it will be string, but they must have used wire too.
    It's just finding that picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk11 helmet with wire.   Mk11 helmet with wire.  

Mk11 helmet with wire.   Mk11 helmet with wire.  

Mk11 helmet with wire.  

I have one with both a net and wire ,but I need to get good pictures before I would show it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast