Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MK2 Fire Guard

Article about: Morning Gents, I want to share with you the latest addition to my "Home Front" collection. It is this MK2 belonged to a "Fire Guard", its conditions are many good and is

Default MK2 Fire Guard

Morning Gents,
    I want to share with you the latest addition to my "Home Front" collection.
    It is this MK2 belonged to a "Fire Guard", its conditions are many good and is well marked, interesting that the shell and liner are matched, produced by the same manufacturer: "Fisher & Ludlow Ltd (F & L) of Birmingham", 1939 dated.
    Liner size:"7".
    I do not know well the ranks of Fire Guard Organization, but I think one black stripe indicates the "Street Captain" rank, and on this issue I hope someone of you can help me.
    As always I would like to know your opinions and I thank you in advance.

Best Regards
    Roberto

MK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire GuardMK2 Fire Guard

Very nice lid Roberto, i've heard the one black stripe rank described as a Senior Fire Guard but i'm not too sure!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very nice lid Roberto, i've heard the one black stripe rank described as a Senior Fire Guard but i'm not too sure!...
    Thanks Gunny,
    I had also this thought that, but I was not sure if Senior FG had one or two bands.

?

Nice helmet Roberto, I believe from the start of F&L's production (1939) they produced complete F&L helmets with F&L liners. Possibly BMB, JSS & RO&Co did the same, until they started assembling their helmets with liners & straps from other manufactures.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Nice helmet Roberto, I believe from the start of F&L's production (1939) they produced complete F&L helmets with F&L liners. Possibly BMB, JSS & RO&Co did the same, until they started assembling their helmets with liners & straps from other manufactures.
    Thanks Aaron,
    I would add, as a further information, I noticed that this helmet has a shell made in no-magnetic material, while if approaching a magnet to the edge-covering and chinstrap steel springs, these are attracted, but only slightly.

?

If only slightly magnetic, then maybe it has been in contact with magnetic material for some time. It looks like a non magnetic Mk2 No1 to me.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    If only slightly magnetic, then maybe it has been in contact with magnetic material for some time. It looks like a non magnetic Mk2 No1 to me.
    I agree, it is that even I had thought.
    Thanks.

one 1/2" black ring was for Fire Guard Block Leader and/or Street Party Leader.....I think....

There were also 2 & 3 rings...and the rings varied in thickness so there was quite a handful of ranks......and then there were the grey helmets too......and that's just the national / official ones!!!

'nice helmet....and now a long way from home.....

Looks good, especially in the later pics as it looked very white in the first few, but more dulled back in the later pics.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Composite View Post
    one 1/2" black ring was for Fire Guard Block Leader and/or Street Party Leader.....I think....

There were also 2 & 3 rings...and the rings varied in thickness so there was quite a handful of ranks......and then there were the grey helmets too......and that's just the national / official ones!!!

'nice helmet....and now a long way from home.....
    Many thanks for info Composite!
    It is true that it has gone a bit far from home... but it will be treated with the care and respect that a helmet like this deserves!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast