MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 helmet

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   Picked this up today, its in pretty good condition and doesnt seem to have been messed with. The stamps on the shell read BMB 1 and N79 1941. The liner i

Default Mk2 helmet

Hello,

Picked this up today, its in pretty good condition and doesnt seem to have been messed with.

The stamps on the shell read BMB 1 and N79 1941. The liner is dated 1940, but I cant find a makers stamp.

I have a couple of questions for you clever lot though. What does the N79 mean? And am I right thinking this is a civil defence helmet-Mk2 helmetMk2 helmetMk2 helmetMk2 helmetMk2 helmet because of the colour?

Thanks very much.

Very nice mk2 indeed,the makers mark is under the padded cross obscured from sight,great pick up and in top condition too,well done.........

?

Nice home front helmet, N79 will be the steel batch number.

Thanks Tinlid that solves that then!

Thanks very much.

Hi, a nice home front helmet in good order, and as Aaron has said, the N79 will be the steel batch number, much like the number/letter combinations you find on German helmets. EXAMPLE: ckl66(maker and size) 2055 (steel batch number). Leon.

As said a very nice good condition home front Mk2

Thanks for the replies gents. Much appreciated as always.