Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 Italy campaign

Article about: Greetings all, I ask for your expert opinion on this helmet Mk2, it personally recovered in the Pò Valley in Italy, in areas where British troops have fought hard to April 1945. is a very si

Default Mk2 Italy campaign

Greetings all,
    I ask for your expert opinion on this helmet Mk2, it personally recovered in the Pò Valley in Italy, in areas where British troops have fought hard to April 1945.
    is a very simple piece, but for me rich of history.
    Born in brown color and repainted "sand" and then with the brush coated with a thick, dark green paint.
    The markings of the shell are: BMB 1939 (Harrison Brothers & Howson?); the liner of the first type, is: VERO 1939 size 7 and Quality Mark (arrow+C).
    On the chinstrap the owner's name appears again!!
    I think it's a helmet of Eight Army used in Africa and repainted on the field during the Italian campaign,
    I appreciate very much any intervention, and excuse the language is not good.

thanks
    roberto

Mk2 Italy campaignMk2 Italy campaignMk2 Italy campaignMk2 Italy campaignMk2 Italy campaignMk2 Italy campaign

jwp
    ?

Hi Roberto, an interesting helmet from an area my father was serving in with the british 78th div., BMB = Briggs motor bodies of Dagenham England,
    cheers,
    John.

Thank you, John
    ......great 78th "Battleaxe Division", to remember Cassino, Argenta!! This helmet was found in an area between Bologna e Argenta.

roberto

you're right, but i wrote BMB by mistake, this helmet is marked "HBH 1939"......i'm sorry

Hi, looks like a nice helmet, and one that you can see a "time line" of use on. Travelled from the UK, through North Africa and onto Italy! Leon.

exactly! many of my helmets fought, i like in this way. roberto

Nice looking lid . I love a helmet that has wear and tear to it, as it shows its character and the fact it has been used which I would say is more important.

Thanks, i'm glad that lived helmets are to you liking, then i will post others that should please.

Roberto