Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2. Light Rescue

Article about: Quite a hard one to find, white painted for an officer (probably Foreman) with LR to front & rear. There was Rescue for normal rescue, & also Heavy Rescue, who no doubt used heavy li

?

Default Mk2. Light Rescue

Quite a hard one to find, white painted for an officer (probably Foreman) with LR to front & rear.
    There was Rescue for normal rescue, & also Heavy Rescue, who no doubt used heavy lifting gear & materials to prop up damaged buildings. Light rescue would have been somewhere in the middle.
    The shell I think is a BMB & dated 1939, the Mk1 liner is dated 1938.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2. Light Rescue   Mk2. Light Rescue  

Mk2. Light Rescue   Mk2. Light Rescue  

Mk2. Light Rescue  

?

That is a very nice , hard to find helmet, black LR helmets are hard enough.

I thought I read somewhere, that HR and LR were amalgamated to a single Rescue (R) service later in the war....I'll need to check my books.

Congratulations, Steve.

Well done Aaron, I thought about bidding on this one, but have spent to much in the last week! A super and scarce helmet. Leon.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I thought I read somewhere, that HR and LR were amalgamated to a single Rescue (R) service later in the war....I'll need to check my books.
    I finally got round to checking thing my earlier statement, so I can correct myself. Mainly thanks to Mike Brown’s “Put That Light Out”
    The Rescue Service was from the start was divided into Class A and Class B, which became known as Heavy and Light.
    Recommendation was 3 or 4 LR parties (10 men each) for every 100,000 people and 1 HR party

Mk2. Light Rescue

Steve

Here's, my HR to complete the set! Leon.Mk2. Light Rescue

?

Thanks for the comments & added info' & pictures.
    My two favorite Rescues.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2. Light Rescue   Mk2. Light Rescue  

Some nice lids between you!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Some nice lids between you!
    I agree!....

?

With the risk of boring you all, here's a few more.