Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"

Article about: Morning everyone, I show you the latest addition to my collection, it is this Homefront MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties/Patrol: shell: JSS II 1941 liner: FH II 1941 the internal and external col

Default MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"

Morning everyone,
    I show you the latest addition to my collection, it is this Homefront MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties/Patrol:
    shell: JSS II 1941
    liner: FH II 1941
    the internal and external color is still the original "gray".
    I thought it interesting that unlike other helmets N°2C, this example has the three holes present on one side only.
    My questions, for which I ask your help are:
    -What is the exact meaning of "FP" (Fire Party, Fire Parties, Fire Patrol ..?)
    -The three holes present on one side only have a meaning or is only a characteristic of this maker?
    -Who is the liner maker with initials "FH"?
    As always every your opinion is very welcome and I thank you in advance for any help.

Regards
    Roberto

MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"MK2 N°2C "Fire Parties"

Nice helmet Roberto!...
    "In order to take some of the workload off the fire service, small fires were dealt with by street fire parties. These were civilians who were given and taught to use stirrup pumps."

London Fire Brigade - The Second World War

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Nice helmet Roberto!...
    "In order to take some of the workload off the fire service, small fires were dealt with by street fire parties. These were civilians who were given and taught to use stirrup pumps."

London Fire Brigade - The Second World War
    Thanks Paul, for the explanation and for the interesting link.

?

Hi Roberto,
    The 3 holes represent that the helmet was made of mild steel plate.Whether Joseph Sankey just put the three holes on one side only I don't know, although I have two JSS with the three holes on one side only.
    FH on the liner I'm prety sure is Failsworth hats, the only reason being they stamp their liners on civilain protective helmets FH.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Roberto,
    The 3 holes represent that the helmet was made of mild steel plate.Whether Joseph Sankey just put the three holes on one side only I don't know, although I have two JSS with the three holes on one side only.
    FH on the liner I'm prety sure is Failsworth hats, the only reason being they stamp their liners on civilain protective helmets FH.
    Thanks Aaron,
    excellent information, in particular I finally identified that FH is Failsworth hats.

?

Mick started a useful sticky thread on,Commonwealth Mk2 helmet & liner manufacturers.

Yes Aaron, I had read several times, it is an excellent work!

A nice find Roberto, I hope your foundations can take the weight of all these MKII helmets! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A nice find Roberto, I hope your foundations can take the weight of all these MKII helmets! Leon.
    Hi Leon,
    Ahaha!! Yours thought is right, but my house is sturdy and then I keep them in a room on the ground floor.
    The real problem is that you can not overlap. otherwise the liner oilcloth stain the helmet that is below and why I take so much shelf space.
    Occasionally my wife gets angry for this!!

Cheers
    Roberto

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Occasionally my wife gets angry for this!!

Cheers
    Roberto
    I think any wife that puts up with a helmet collection is very tolerant and must be looked after, even if she does get angry at times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast