Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party

Article about: Stretcher party marked helmets were used in London while the rest of the Country the helmets were marked FAP for first aid parties. SP & FAP went to incidents to carry out basic first ai

?

Default Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party

Stretcher party marked helmets were used in London while the rest of the Country the helmets were marked FAP for first aid parties.
    SP & FAP went to incidents to carry out basic first aid on casualties with minor injuries so they could go home, while those with serious injuries could be given treatment & then sent on to first aid posts or straight to casualty clearing hospitals.
    This Mk2 is a No2.C originally painted grey but over painted black with SP to front & rear, made by F&L & dated 1940. The liner is marked J.C.S & W Ltd 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party   Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party  

Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party   Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party  

Hi, always great to see different examples of the MKII.
    Thanks for showing
    Cheers
    Nuno

?

Here's a few wartime pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party   Mk2 No2.C Stretcher Party  

Great lid and photos, cheers mate!...

?

Nice and not easy to find helmet

?

I thought I had this, but had to dig around a bit in some long unopened boxes. I found it so if you don't mind I'll add it to this thread.

It's a SP Party Leader helmet marked both sides. The liner is a MKI which isn't stamped at all, the shell has two badly stamped manufacturers marks one (best guess) is NWA & Co 1938 and the other is 56 over MH 193 (the rest of the date is under the chinstrap lug which are not dated.

Unusually it looks like it came from the manufcaturers painted white, it is painted all over and I don't see any other colour underneath. (either that or I bought a dud, but it was years ago before these held their current value)

Apologies for the poor photos.

Great lids Aaron as usual.
    Ive got a couple of Aussie SP MkIIs
    Love the canteen photo Mate
    Mick

hi i have a mk11 no2c painted grey dated 1940 made by BMB ( briggs motor bodies ) and the liner is made by
    TTC 1940 ( teddy toy company ) but there is one stamp i am not to sure about it is stamped on the back of the rim DH 222 with what looks to be a A above it

A very cool piece of History-both these helmets. Alot of these poor guys were Killed doing their duties....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."