Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mk3. Khaki green.

Article about: A good condition Mk3 with factory textured khaki green paint, so probably made 43/44. The shell is an BMB, date/maker name hard to read due to the textured paint, the liner is dated 1943 &am

?

Default Mk3. Khaki green.

A good condition Mk3 with factory textured khaki green paint, so probably made 43/44.
    The shell is an BMB, date/maker name hard to read due to the textured paint, the liner is dated 1943 & was made by CCL.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk3. Khaki green.   Mk3. Khaki green.  

Mk3. Khaki green.   Mk3. Khaki green.  

Mk3. Khaki green.  

Hi Aaron, that's a nice clean MKIII "turtle". I really must get myself one just like that sooner or later as it is what my granddad said he wore on D-DAY! Leon.

I just don't get these paint schemes at all,if mk2's were being painted brown from 1941 onwards how comes these mk3's in 1943/44 were painted in khaki,which is exactly what the early mk2's had,before switching,surely if mk2's of the same period were having brown paint applied why was the exception made for this new style of Helmet,sorry its just one of those oddities I simply do not understand,lovely Textured mk3 by the way Aaron,don't see them often looking like this great example,a keeper for sure.

SMP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I just don't get these paint schemes at all,if mk2's were being painted brown from 1941 onwards how comes these mk3's in 1943/44 were painted in khaki,which is exactly what the early mk2's had,before switching,surely if mk2's of the same period were having brown paint applied why was the exception made for this new style of Helmet,sorry its just one of those oddities I simply do not understand,lovely Textured mk3 by the way Aaron,don't see them often looking like this great example,a keeper for sure.
    As far as I know the switch to brown paint occurred sometime in 1943, which is the reason you can find some late MKIIs in factory brown, and some early MKIIIs in factory green. There was an overlap when MKII and MKIII helmets were both being made at the same time.
    After this time all MKIIIs and re-furbished MIIs were painted brown.

SMP
    ?

Very nice MKIII Aaron !

Indeed, very nice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

So far I've only managed to see an Mk2 in khaki green up to 1942, but due to the textured paint on the inside from 1941 it's very hard to see the date/maker names.
    The dark brown Mk2 made by EC&Co with the date to the left is not readable.
    I don't think I've seen an HSDR in dark brown until 1944.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk3. Khaki green.   Mk3. Khaki green.  

?

A lovely Mk III Aaron and I am guessing this one is destined for your shelf being the imaculate condition of this example.

Regards Mark

?

Yes, it's in really good condition this one, so will stay around for quite awhile.

?

You know my mailing address if you ever run out of room to display it

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast