Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKI HSRAC's ?

Article about: Hey guys, the local auction house had a 'lot of 5 American helmets' on offer, There was one blurry photo, I put on a lowish bid and won. One of the helmets was a nice standard HSRAC,brown te

Default MKI HSRAC's ?

Hey guys, the local auction house had a 'lot of 5 American helmets' on offer, There was one blurry photo, I put on a lowish bid and won.

One of the helmets was a nice standard HSRAC,brown textured paint, mkII liner dated 1940, mkIII chinstrap.

There are also 2 identical helmets, that look like HSRAC's, 1940 liners, mkIII chinstraps, then you notice the shells are HSDR's and they are painted with a strange green paint, post war or reenactor?

Any ideas on the green two? Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI HSRAC's ?   MKI HSRAC's ?  

MKI HSRAC's ?   MKI HSRAC's ?  

MKI HSRAC's ?   MKI HSRAC's ?  

?

Post war done I expect,by whom I have no idea, but the textured one looks to have been used though. Quite interesting, thanks for showing.

One thing to remember, the HSRAC MkI did not exist in 1940, as far as I am aware it was not introduced into service until 1942?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    One thing to remember, the HSRAC MkI did not exist in 1940, as far as I am aware it was not introduced into service until 1942?
    Even in my opinion, the Mk1 version was introduced in service in 1942.