Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MkII Ambulance Helmet

Article about: Here I have an early MkII helmet worn by the Ambulance service during ww2. The helmet was originally a gloss khaki colour then over painted a gloss black with two A's applied front and back.

Default MkII Ambulance Helmet

Here I have an early MkII helmet worn by the Ambulance service during ww2. The helmet was originally a gloss khaki colour then over painted a gloss black with two A's applied front and back. The helmet was manufactured by WD (William Dobson and son) but the year has the rim of the helmet over it. The lugs on the chin straps are dated 1938 and the liner is manufactured by Helmets Ltd in 1939 and sized 6 3/4. There is another stamp in the helmet WH unknown what this is. There is two white stripes on the inside of the helmet approx 8cm x 2cm again unknown. Thanks for looking guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Ambulance Helmet   MkII Ambulance Helmet  

MkII Ambulance Helmet   MkII Ambulance Helmet  

MkII Ambulance Helmet   MkII Ambulance Helmet  

MkII Ambulance Helmet  

Nice helmet.

Those 2 white bars are unusual....presumably they're painted (masked?) on and not tape? 'never seen the likes of those before......

?

A nice early Ambulance, the WH is most likely the steel batch number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Ambulance Helmet  

A nice Ambulance service helmet. I have not seen those white bars on the inside of a helmet either, so I cannot help you there I'm afraid. Leon.

Very nice and early MKII thanks for posting it

Matt

Cheers guys I have a couple of early mkII helmets that have these white painted in bars never really seen it on others apart from the ones I own.