Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

MKII Desert Tan Shell, TTC 1939 Liner (on Ebay)

Article about: Hi guys, Just out of curiousity as I dont intend to bid on it, whats your opinion on the desert camo on this lid? Looks like the shell was stripped of all paint before being given a thick co

Default MKII Desert Tan Shell, TTC 1939 Liner (on Ebay)

Hi guys,

Just out of curiousity as I dont intend to bid on it, whats your opinion on the desert camo on this lid?

MKII Desert Tan Shell, TTC 1939  Liner (on Ebay)

Looks like the shell was stripped of all paint before being given a thick coating of desert camo. On the other hand it looks convincing how the paint is cracking and chipping off.

Cant really see if the retention bolt has the same paint

Finally the liner looks in too good nick compared to the shell.

?

Paint looks old, but is it desert camo, who knows? But as you said, liner looks too new for it's surroundings, & no splashes of paint on it either.

Sold for 130 quid.

Not having the helmet in hand this is only a theory but do you reckon this could be a White Helmet and age and nicotine staining has made it the colour it is ?
    Only reason i ask is the paint runs on the inner look White and in the crackling of the exterior also looks White. Therefore maybe a Home Fronter

the liner doesnt look to be original to the helmet... but i have seen south Africa mk2 helmets this exact color but as aussie mick mentioned it could also be aged white which also i have seen this exact color in fact i have an american air raid warden helmet the same color... it was originally white as well

Mick, I reckon it could have been white. On the fourth photo there are some very small drops of white on the liner. Also it looks like there might have been a flash which was scraped off, or someone tried to find an old flash under the coating. But still looks like it was stripped of the old paint before being repainted.