Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MkII FIRE GUARD

Article about: Here's a khaki green factory finished MkII with FG to front & rear. There are no markings at all on the shell, the liner being made of light brown fulcanised fibre instead of black. This

?

Default MkII FIRE GUARD

Here's a khaki green factory finished MkII with FG to front & rear. There are no markings at all on the shell, the liner being made of light brown fulcanised fibre instead of black. This is dated 1940 & made by VERO, most of the FG marked helmets are mostly Zuckermans so it's nice to have a MkII. The FG came into being at the same time as the NFS in August 1941 & took over from the Supplementary fire parties.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII FIRE GUARD   MkII FIRE GUARD  

MkII FIRE GUARD   MkII FIRE GUARD  

?

Default Re: MkII FIRE GUARD

That is a nice helmet the condition is excellent, is the F.G. painted or a decal? I've never seen a MkII with FG on it apart from the senior officers or W/FG.

?

The FG is a decal I think, I know someone who has another & it's exactly the same in everyway. The shells are not stamped with a date or maker name. Although it is painted khaki green I think these helmets were for use by the home guard or for use on the home front & not for military use.

?

Interesting, as you say unlikely to be military, possibly some other MoD function rather then ARP. Black on grey, it looks like the decal was made for Zuckerman helmets. It is in excellent condition, thanks for showing.

?

The NFS helmets were factory finished or painted in this colour aswell so maybe they followed them.