Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

MKII G.P.O Helmet?

Article about: Hi guys, I would really like your advice and thoughts on this one. Personally I have only ever seen black painted G.P.O helmets although I do know that most Home Front services can be found

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    How much Jerry,thats just plain out and out p... taking,I have noticed,being an avid ebay watcher that there does seem to be a massive purge on mk2's at the moment,not sure why,anyone guess I suppose,maybe an alternative to M1's or TR Helmets when comparing the suttle price differances,still its getting more difficult to pick up something totally original at a fair price...............

The price seems way too high but the P&P within the UK is so wrong.

I also have noticed that MKII's have gone up a bit lately, the last few years have seen quite a hike from what I have seen.

I think that quite a number of people have moved over from TR items because in comparison MKII's and the like are so much cheaper than M40's or whatever and I am one of those who did this a few years back, though not because of the prices. Also the fakes are not so well done as they are for tr and if you get it wrong the losses are not so high. There are still plenty of sensible priced MKII's out there, I could have bought a few the other day, Police, Warden, RP etc all for less than £40-45ish and a plain green one for £35.

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    another example on the bay, very expensive and the P&P is taking the p#ss. Mk.II 2c General Post Office Helmet(GPO) REAL Brodie Helmet | eBay
    Now that is a bit strong Jerry, and as you say, the postage is ridiculous. Considering it is a Post Office helmet you would think the postage would be free!! Anyway, I have bought the one off of Aarons site, thanks for sending me the link, I did not know it was there!! Cheers, Leon. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12