Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER

Article about: A Gas Identification Officer helmet with a yellow band to donate Gas & the IO Identification Officer. I think the later paint scheme would have been a completely yellow helmet with in bl

?

Default MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER

A Gas Identification Officer helmet with a yellow band to donate Gas & the IO Identification Officer. I think the later paint scheme would have been a completely yellow helmet with in black GIO.
    Both helmet & liner are dated 1939 the shell made by BMB the liner HELMETS Ltd.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER   MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER  

MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER   MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER  

?

Default Re: MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER

That's a nice helmet, there can't be many of them around.
    Here are some other GIO helmets that have been on e-bay at one time or another.

MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICERMkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICERMkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICERMkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICERMkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER

?

Thanks for showing those, that red ones a nice one. Red was discontinued on helmets from 1942 & the diamonds would have been replaced by the black bands over the top of the helmet. The GIS ( gas identification service ) is neat too.
    Aaron

NCA
    ?

Thumbs up Re: MkII GAS IDENTIFICTION OFFICER

Some great lids!You have a superb collection Aaron.You should do a book on them.

Just a thought, i have a MK4 helmet that is painted with the same colour as the ones shown by Tinhat..it also has N.H.S.R painted on.(national hospital service reserve)

?

Have you got any pictures of them?

NCA
    ?

Not a the moment.I will take a pic and start a thread on it tomorrow in the daylight.