Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?

Article about: Hi All, I recently acquired a 1942 dated Mk2 helmet from a non-collector. It has its original chinstrap and by all appearances the liner is original but although it is marked (stamped into t

?

Default MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?

Hi All,

I recently acquired a 1942 dated Mk2 helmet from a non-collector. It has its original chinstrap and by all appearances the liner is original but although it is marked (stamped into the fibre board) 7 1/4 on two of the fibre arms there are no other markings visible. It has a crosspad and later style hexagonal nut attaching it and someone has added a washer under the nut (a long time ago, it's embedded in the rubber and shows the right ampount of ageing) but I wondered if anyone had a similarly marked liner?

Tom

Welcome Tom,the MFG stamp is often placed at the top under the liner material or under one of the x pad fingers,if you can move the pad or lift the liner it should be there,also pictures added can sometimes help.............

?

I have seen a few without maker/dates, sometimes they are there but hard to see. Some of the private purchase helmets, the liners are not marked.
    As long as the rubber buffers don't have an serial number on (as shown in pics) it should be wartime.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?  

?

Or there is a good possibility it could be a Canadian liner as from time to time you will find the marked on the reverse side of the cross bands but you would need to remove the liner to check as per this example but as the saying goes the devil are in the details and images would be helpful hard to make this call otherwise.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?   MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?  

MkII Helmet Liner, size marked but no date or manufacturer. Any ideas?