Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

The Mk3 chin strap would have been issued as & when the Mk2 chin straps needed replacing from 1941 onwards. While the Mk3 helmet would have been issued with the Mk3 chin strap, although you do see some Mk3 helmets with the Mk2 chin strap.
    I guess it would have depended on what stores had in at the time.

?

MkII – do You know this badge?

MkII – RA; I'm looking for any info about its previous owner - J.P.GRICE.

MkII – camo helmet (army or HG)

Piotrek

Two RCEME MkII helmets I have. The top one is from my Grandfathers friend whom he served with in 1st Division, 3rd Brigade in Italy. The family lived only an hour away from my Grandfather and when I was young we played war with this helmet a couple times when we visited him. That was back in the late 70's, it was given to me for safe keeping a few years ago by the family.

The bottom helmet is a C.A.T.S.(Canadian Army Trades School) helmet with the RCEME branch camp flash. It is a decal that has been varnished.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

RPA MkI* - reused by Israel

MkII – Canadian; it's named "SGT KNIGHT K1909(1-?)25" - do You know this soldier?

Indian MkII – WWII era?

Piotrek

?

Default Mk2 Rescue

A Rescue helmet with the number 4 on each side, maybe for the 4th squad in a rescue team?
    The date/maker stamp was done so hard it is clearly seen on the outside of the shell,the liner is a Norris Ltd made one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

I have a few Canadian C.L./C. 42's in my collection but I could not pass on this helmet as Canadian desert camos ( Italian Campaign ) are quite rare in any configuration it has been brush over painted in desert tan and has taken on a nice rich deep patina due to natural aging and oxidization of the paint and it has the early first variation black buckle on the chinstrap with the two closed center struts.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Last edited by Mark K; 01-29-2014 at 02:08 PM.

?

Next up a 1941 G.S.W. Wardens helmet with a VMC 41 dated Mk I liner this Mk II looks to have had a bit of a rough life and was badly stored in a damp location as the liner is quite dry and miss shaped with oxidization on the brass liner rivets and a few missing bumpers I have never been one to kick a helmet to the curb for a few problems so it has a new home were it can rest amongst friends.

Regards Mark

?

And yet another 1942 dated C.L./C. this Mk II has had a long service life and has been over painted with OD green as per Canadian Army regulations of 1953 so was very likely used post war it has the remnants of a flash peeking through on the left side of the shell to the Royal Canadian Electrical Mechanical Engineers.

Regards Mark

Default Mint Canadian MKII

Just thought I should add my mint Canadian MKII helmet stamped CLC 1942 74 with a 7 and 1/8th sized liner. I have never removed the liner to find out the maker as I don't want to disturb it. One thing I have noticed is that the Canadian liners are of a higher quality than the British ones specially the late war ones.

I will be adding some other MKII's which I have not posted before.
    thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

?

There will be no need to remove the liner to check the manufacturer it looks Canadian to me which means it was produced by the Viceroy manufacturing company and they were the sole producer of Canadian liners .

Regards Mark

Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast