Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Quite possibly the most named helmet ever! I think Mr WEST wanted everybody to know that it was his helmet - if anybody knows what D.C.J.T.C stands for I would be interested to know
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Ooo. I've got a few to add, including a camouflaged relic.

?

They might not come in different shapes or sizes, but they do come in different colours.
    Black, grey,brown, green, blue, yellow & white. I could do with a red one though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Nice bloody collection of lids Aaron Iam glad you don't live here in Canada and or collect Canadian lids I have enough competition finding decent helmets.

Regards Mark K

Quote by tinlid View Post
    They might not come in different shapes or sizes, but they do come in different colours.
    Black, grey,brown, green, blue, yellow & white. I could do with a red one though.
    Very nice collection. I have a mate in Cardiff who has possibly a larger collection, mostly of homefront helmets, Home Guard, Factory guard etc....Lots with decals to local firms in the S Wales area.

I must remember to take some pictures next time I see him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The only thing that sprung to mind for DCJTC was a unit of the Junior Training Corps (cadets) - "DC" being the school (eg Dulwich College Junior Training Corps). The naming all over the helmet, to me, also seems quite a schoolboy thing to do! Just a thought.

Cheers, Tom

?

Hi Jerry, I do know of a few collectors who have 500+ helmets.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Jerry, I do know of a few collectors who have 500+ helmets.
    I am sure they exist. Been at it a long time I guess and more focused than me. I have a long way to go, I only have 8 mkII's and one of them is dutch and 2 are post war dutch re sued examples. I am have about 50 items of headgear in total.

Another of my mkII's, Police this time.

1939 dated shell by Rubbery Owen & Co and a helmets Ltd mkI liner 1938 dated.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A neat early police Mk2, I would like to know if there is any significance regarding the font on your helmet, as it's slightly different than normal. I was told it was used on women police helmets but I'm not sure, can't see why.

?

Default Mk2 helmet & liner manufactureres

Here's a very incomplete list that will be of some use to someone I hope.

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast