Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

I guess this is where I can post this...mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Is it Canadian? Do you know what the helmet is at the front of your collection is.

The left one on the last photo looks Canadian based on the colour of the shell.

?

Another recent acquisitions to add to the thread gents
    1943 dated C.L./C. had to have this one to finish my lineup of C.L./C Mk II's I am happy to say I now have representation of this manufacturer covering there entire production run from 1940-1943 there were only 90,000 of these produced in early 43 marking the end of an era as these were the last Mk II's produced in Canada.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Default Mk2 AFS, Auxillary Fire Service

A well used AFS marked helmet, Auxillary Fire Service. But as of August 1941 they became quite scarce as the NFS National Fire service replaced them, so the helmets would have been repainted & a NFS decal applied.
    The shell is dated 1938 & I think made by WD, William Dobson, the liner is dated 1939 & made by VERO & is a large size 7 1/2
    Written on the chin strap is NFS No.558363, so probably carried on into the NFS maybe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Default Army Mk2

A standard dark brown factory painted army Mk2,although no date showing on shell due to the textured paint, the liner is dated 1941.
    It is a typical look of the Mk2 helmet from about 41/42, paint, Mk3 chin strap, Mk3 lining securing nut & bolt, all measures due to the shortage of materials as the war dragged on.

A new one from me, picked up on the weekend, MKII no.2 1C homefront example, with the 3 holes in the brim. In very good condition maker marked on the shell BMB (and yes I know who that is) which is stamped so hard it shows on the top, something I think you see on their rim less versions, no date is visible, but the liner is TTC (and yes I know who they are) 1940 dated. Interestingly it appears to have had the 3 holes either miss stamped or refilled and then stamped again which is not something I remember seeing before. It has textured paint on the rim but it is less obvious on the dome.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Luv the colour and texture Aaron on that one,Jerry great buy and yes unusual to see double drill holes,looks in fab condition mate well done to the both of you and everyone who's previously posted on this thread some cracking lids..........

?

A nice home guard Mk2 (textured paint) (but I guess you knew that)
    Not often seen with the holes filled, can't see the reason for it though.
    If not mistaken, date looks to be 1941, just to the left of BMB. These are normally dated 40 or 41.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A nice home guard Mk2 (textured paint) (but I guess you knew that)
    Not often seen with the holes filled, can't see the reason for it though.
    If not mistaken, date looks to be 1941, just to the left of BMB. These are normally dated 40 or 41.
    Thanks Aaron, and yeh I did know, but I had to leave something to be told. I'll check it out again for a date, but I am pretty sure it's not there, though perhaps there is the slightest hint of a vertical stroke, so that maybe from the 1.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 ... LastLast