Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

They do have stamps, but sometimes they are badly done, or are under the chin strap lugs.
    F&L produced a lot of these early shiny khaki green ones, their stamp can be at the rear of the rim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

SMP
    ?

My latest buy - a very early War Office Pattern Brodie. It was found at a boot sale complete with sacking cover for just £5 ( not by me !). The cover has torn along almost the entire rim. These early helmets have sharp edges.

The condition defies belief. Not bad for a 100 year old helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Bravo Sir well done a very nice lid indeed Steve and it near looks in un-worn condition and one I would be properly ecstatic to display on my own shelf .

Regards Mark

NCA
    ?

Wow!Veeery nice!They dont get much better than that...gotta love carboots!

?

Here are a couple of helmets I recently bought, I’ve shown the MKII's when asking for opinions and thought as they’re good I’ll add them to this thread.

First up though is a MKI Brodie in pretty good condition for its age apart from a broken chinstrap and some of the felt lining missing but the Brodie patent stamp is much better than the usual faded stamps I’ve seen in the past.

Tony

?

Mark K made a comment wondering if the hessian cover I have is WWI or WWII, this made me try it out on a MKI and the wear around the cover where it sits on the rim fits with the MKI, I also like the look of it on the MKI so might leave it there.

?

Next up is a 1940 JSS army helmet, this is my first MKII army and I like it, I think it’s one of those things I’ll never move on.

Tony

?

The warden helmet is another I’ve asked opinions about so was shown last week but here it is again in a sticky for reference. Originally green, then black before being promoted to head warden.

?

So, that's what I've been spending my money on over the last few weeks as well as this net. It has an almost stiff dry waxy feel to it and only just fits because I can’t pull the drawstring any tighter even though it's a little loose. I bought it in France last week after being told it’s British.

The pics aren’t the best, sorry but I’ve had a couple of beers

Tony

Sure glad I stumbled across this thread. What a great read, and alot of worth while info. thanks for posting.

Page 30 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 80 ... LastLast