Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Default Stretcher Party

This is quite a nice one - 1939 Rubery Owen shell, MkI liner by JCS&W (1938...poss 1939). Stretcher Party from St Pancras district (Borough Council) of London. 'nice decal to front ...'couple of chips but hey......

NCA
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    This is quite a nice one - 1939 Rubery Owen shell, MkI liner by JCS&W (1938...poss 1939). Stretcher Party from St Pancras district (Borough Council) of London. 'nice decal to front ...'couple of chips but hey......

Wasn't this the one on Ebay a while ago?It dissapeared off my watch list...anyway, I attach a pic of your helmet in action!Its an original press photo that I own.

It came via Ebay - 'nice pic by the way - thank you.....'shame you're not the photographer 'cos I'd like permission to use it ;-)...tho'would be interested in a copy???

NCA
    ?

No problem..pm me your email and i'll send you a scan.Written on the back of the photo is 'kings x cleansing station june 1942' and a London photographer's address.

Lovely Helmet by the way...Rather rare I think.

?

Very rare.
    Looks like a clean up after gas attack training.

Very nice helmet, I was looking forward to bidding on it, before you snapped it up, it is even nicer now with that photo, there are not many helmets, that can be identified and associated to an area of London and backed up with such a great photo ! I think the helmet is also on the poster of Home Front markings, bottom right corner (Warden) ?
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

Firstly, sorry about the "snapping"......and yes, it does appear to be the helmet bottom right. There were a number of bodies which used coats of arms....Friern Barnett, Finchley, Stoke Newington etc but St Pancras seems to dominate the period photo space

Hi All
    Just acquired a helmet that belonged to a Captain J W Lyon of the Royal Artillery I believe, number 233845. I am not an expert on these helmets at all so if any one can provide any details and or value I would be most interested.
    Chris
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Chris,

It looks like a MKI that's lost the edging around its brim, it's British and was probably made from 1916 onwards. If it had the rubber ring under the leather strap in the dome (under the felt padding) it could be dated to about post May 1917 but the felt and rubber ring (if the ring was ever there) are obviously missing. Have a look under the oil cloth, there should be a red Brodie patent stamp.

Officers didn't have service numbers in WWI and I don't have a clue about the flaming bomb painted to the front or whether it could dated to WWI. Where did you get the service number from? Three men had that number during WWI The National Archives | Search results:233845

Value is a difficult one for me as I can't tell from the photos if the original colour has been painted over, it looks too dark. The last one I bought was a year or so ago, the felt was missing and the strap broken, I paid about A$120 (60GBP) for it which was probably a little on the cheap side.

Tony

The Helmet came with a load of other items from the same Captain Lyon, one of which was an ammo box that can be seen in the post at Various Articles belonging to Captain J W Lyon 233845 (Image Heavy) I was assuming the number on the box was his number.

Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast