Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Seems I didn't post a picture showing the number, one below.

?

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Hello Gents, a first post for me over on this forum, though have admired the helmets here for a long time. I would like to add my last pick up, this one is a British made shell (JSS) which was issued to a Canadian soldier, I added the liner, but a first for me was that it had a Canadian made chinstrap still in place, I know this was done ( and I believe this one period applied ) also of interest was MOO scratched onto the front, I almost a sure I saw a helmet the same in a photo, of course can't find it now, but I do know that period images do show helmets with names and such scratched on like this, but will send off to the archives for info on the owner.

?

some of you may know these already

?

Here is an interesting heavy textured camo ROCO made helmet with a 49 dated liner, these post war liners give off a certain smell unlike wartime versions, also has a darker paint finish

?

I was not able to obtain this fellows full file, but I was able to find out he was awarded both the Air Crew Europe and Burma Star and re-joined the RCAF just prior to Korea, this shell was made by Austin

?

Some nice helmets John, what year is the RO&Co camo shell?

?

not able to see a date on the RO&Co shell unfortunately, what I can see is RC&CO XE II, of course this is all stamped right at the chinstrap lug so could be a date but its obscured

SMP
    ?

1940 dated South African UDF helmet in desert camo. Very early UDF green . Possibly 8th Army .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Whoo, where have you been hiding this one.Cracking.
    The British style (Mk2 ) chin strap lugs are the early ones,clipped corners, are there any markings on them?
    When you get a chance can you add it to the S.A UDF thread.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Whoo, where have you been hiding this one.Cracking.
    The British style (Mk2 ) chin strap lugs are the early ones,clipped corners, are there any markings on them?
    When you get a chance can you add it to the S.A UDF thread.
    Just bought it, Aaron.

Here are the lugs - no markings. The split pins are interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 42 82 ... LastLast