Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

SMP
    ?

Wow ! What an interesting helmet. The Normandy connection is really intriguing .

?

I wish I had the picture from the "camouflage manual" I mentioned that shows this method, was only a line drawing, no doubt being an engineer he had all the tools at hand,

Apparently the flea market was at Ranville where it came from, a name inside would have been something, its also a CL/C Canadian made shell,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

That looks a great find, the external added hooks remind me of the Mk1 chin strap lugs.

?

found the photo I had from the manual showing camo methods inc. the hooks, says here to the effect, use items from your environment, in this case wire clips and inner tubemkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

1941 dated G.S.W. steel lot batch A G it has a 1942 dated VMC liner and it is sporting a hand painted flash to the ( NNSH ) North Nova Scotia Highlanders 3 Canadian Infantry Division..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Last edited by Mark K; 01-20-2017 at 03:36 PM.

?

In May of 1942 Aluminium Goods Ltd. of Toronto Ontario won a tender to manufacturer 66,600 Mk II helmet shells under contract by The Department of Munitions and Supply for the Royal Canadian Air Force this was to be there sole contract and they did not produce any other Mk II helmet shells for the duration of the war.
    It is so marked AG/C ,Mk I ,Steel lot batch code G 12 and is dated to 1942 and is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner in a size 7 1/4 .

Regards Mark K

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

1941 dated C.L./C. steel lot batch number 39 it is sporting a 41 dated VMC liner in a size of 6 1/2 this example really caught my eye due to the field repaint and shows a good amount of wear indicative to a field worn example .

Regards Mark

?

Camo painted 1941 dated G.S.W steel lot batch H it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/2 and the remnants of the tan and green textured paint can be seen on the underside of the rim the helmet came with out a chinstrap but as I had a couple of loose ones kicking about I added one for the purpose of display...

Regards Mark

OK...so no fancy camo or battle history...but it's always nice to get a matching pair despite getting no points for a pair (OK so perhaps that one only works in the UK )...

'nice pair of Industrial ARP helmets from the same company "BCC" which was said to have been a Coal company tho I've yet to find a period one with those initials....'still looking..... There would almost certainly have been others ("W", "FAP" etc). As some of these companies were huge it's not overly rare to find two from the same place but it's always nice when you do.

Fire Watcher and Rescue.

Maker stamps aren't clear in both cases....BMB liners...'nowt special there.......

....for what it's worth.......

?

What a nice pair you have ,there's two points.:-)

Page 39 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 ... LastLast