Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

very interesting thanks Mark

?

a recent find originally found in France, heavy rough textured finish, vero 1938 liner, the shell I can't see a maker,
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours
    Last edited by JohnF; 03-15-2017 at 08:51 PM.

A Senior Supervisory grade Ambulance Officer.....with underlying white-on-black "CS" showing earlier Casualty Services use. I find over-painted Home Fronters fascinating so I had to get it...only to find I've already got 2 of a similar rank!!...doh!!!

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Two for the price of one, good catch.

SMP
    ?

This one is only special to those who appreciate early MKIIs. An early Army MKII . The shell, liner and chinstrap bales are all 1938 dated. This means it was probably one of the very first batches of MKII designed to replace the MKI*s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

A cracking nice helmet Steve...

Here's another interesting Home Fronter...well, interesting to me and Mr Tinlid

I've got 3-4 different coats of arms on HF helmets...this one's from Finchley on a Senior or Deputy Post Warden's helmet (Post Warden outside London) - I'd certainly be interested in seeing any other helmets with Coats of Arms - those already ticked off are Stoke Newington, St Pancras, Frien Barnett, Bermondsey and Dorchester (yes, I know that last one's not London)...and I don't mean all those Fire Brigade badged ones please.......If you've got one, PM me....

'not exactly off-the-shelf condition but certainly good enough for me

Attachment 1069027Attachment 1069026

?

Quote by Composite View Post

I've got 3-4 different coats of arms on HF helmets...this one's from Finchley on a Senior or Deputy Post Warden's helmet (Post Warden outside London) - I'd certainly be interested in seeing any other helmets with Coats of Arms - those already ticked off are Stoke Newington, St Pancras, Frien Barnett, Bermondsey and Dorchester (yes, I know that last one's not London)...and I don't mean all those Fire Brigade badged ones please.......If you've got one, PM me....

'not exactly off-the-shelf condition but certainly good enough for me
    Interesting to me too in fact, I wish I had come across home front helmets when I first started collecting instead of only recently gaining an interest in WWII.

If you get the chance can you post a pic of the Bermondsey coat of arms helmet?

What do you mean when you say 'Senior or Deputy Post Warden's helmet (Post Warden outside London)'? Was a Post Warden known as a Senior or Deputy Post Warden in London and just Post Warden outside of London?

Tony

Quote by Composite View Post
    Ade you should be glad you don't post on the brit badge forum, the tumbleweeds that blow through there can be hard mate. Anyone collecting British items here or on many forums can expect to have little response on a regular basis, and it can be disheartening. At least with helmets you will get responses sooner or later.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks mate - 'fully understood and appreciated. It does indeed appear that Compos and Home Front lids aren't popular anywhere (except the brilliant "CompoSite" of course! plug....plug)....

But I don't understand really....virtually ALL helmets now are non-metal..and a large portion have "seen action" now......and the home fronters are a collectors heaven (actually a hell...A CURSE!!!!!!!...err sorry....) all being the same height for perfect shelf-cramming, multiple and infinite markings, worn during one of the most intense periods of the war and certainly one of the most photographed...but this isn't the "Why isn't anyone interested in what I collect" thread....and if it was the first post would be "cos they're not German WW2" I guess :-)

When THE book on Brit badges comes out let's see what happens....they'll become the new Rock'n'Roll.....

Thanks for the shoulder.

Page 41 of 88 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 ... LastLast