Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Hi Ade, you gave me a joking idea, but I thought it might be possible that some NFS units were used in War time with emergency functions in support of military installations or airfields, at home or on external fronts.
    This is the helmet I was talking about:
    British Mk2 NFS
    and if that is not the case, I do not explain why it has been repainted in this way, and the fact that the badge was left uncovered is a sure sign that this has been done by a NFS member who continued to use it, in my opinion.
    Obviously it's just an idea.

Regards
    Roberto

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Very nice to see, PLEASE bring on more boring home fronts.
    I'll second that!

I spent a while stroking helmets (fnarr fnarr ) in particular my NFS lids but could only find one which was NOT smooth...un-smooth???...errr....ROUGH. This Factory Fire Force helmet (affiliated to NFS) has a textured finish inside and out....and one of the pics shows the colour change from a repaint. Being a 3-holer it wouldn't've been used by the army......

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

a local pick up, General Steel Wares made 1940 shell, with RCA Flash to one side, for some reason the top blue portion was removed, I am thinking to update it to the type shown here "Helmet Flashes" decals markings Helmet Mk II just red and blue for artillery/anti aircraft
    Last edited by JohnF; 06-09-2017 at 07:42 PM.

?

I thought this was interesting, Canadian lamp Co. shell and vmc liner 42 dated, Signals Officer

'still no divisional flashes, no nets, no stippling, no camo.....'apologies all round..... ;-)

For those of you who get off on the boring stuff....Rubery Owen '39 shell, VERO '38 liner and QC Inpsector No 12.....I think his name was Albert......tall bloke, balding, glasses.........

As you know O&T Memo No 13 specified 3 diamonds for the MOH...... but they're also found on "FAP" and "CS" marked helmets.......go figure!

I'm off now to paint it greeny-brown and apply an RA flash to the side!!

?

Quote by JohnF View Post
    a local pick up, General Steel Wares made 1940 shell, with RCA Flash to one side, for some reason the top blue portion was removed, I am thinking to update it to the type shown here "Helmet Flashes" decals markings Helmet Mk II just red and blue for artillery/anti aircraft
    A lovely addition John and not just for the sake it is a flashed example 1940 dated Mk II's as produced by G.S.W. are hard to come by for some reason...

Regards Mark

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    'still no divisional flashes, no nets, no stippling, no camo.....'apologies all round..... ;-)

For those of you who get off on the boring stuff....Rubery Owen '39 shell, VERO '38 liner and QC Inpsector No 12.....I think his name was Albert......tall bloke, balding, glasses.........

As you know O&T Memo No 13 specified 3 diamonds for the MOH...... but they're also found on "FAP" and "CS" marked helmets.......go figure!

I'm off now to paint it greeny-brown and apply an RA flash to the side!!
    I'd just white over paint the CS and those annoying diamonds. Snow camo, start a trend before Goldie and MT.

?

Here's my MKII Joseph Sankey and Sons.

Both helmet and liner stamped 1940.

Original combat paint.

Nice to see all the others out there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Last edited by Scurra; 06-30-2017 at 10:30 PM.

?

Last edited by Scurra; 06-30-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast