Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

thanks and indeed Steve, its a Royal Canadian engineers flash,

SMP
    ?

Quote by JohnF View Post
    thanks and indeed Steve, its a Royal Canadian engineers flash,

Ha ! Yeah, just re-read the original post and saw you had already said RCE . My mistake. Another British lid used by the Canadians.

?

found this one today at a local flea market, came from the estate of a Provost Officer in ww2 not sure when it was painted black but the A appears on the front and inside probably on return to Canada, but it was cheap so how can you say no, Canadian Lamp Co, 42 made shell and liner VMC
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours,

I like this one very much "Merchant Navy Third Officer. Good luck with your necks again..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

I picked up this Canadian ARP mild steel helmet today. G.S.W as should be, no maker mark on the size 7 liner but the owner wanted everyone to know it was his, has his name, and 978-25 multiple places (along with a 978.24). Over all very happy with this one. Thanks for looking.
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Fire Watcher......'been wanting a go on one of these for a while....they look pretty dull but virtually everything's different. Apart from the obvious, the rim's rolled and the liner, strap retention lugs and the strap are pretty much unique yet every one I've seen is this colour and has the red "FW".

Inside could be a lot tidier but that didn't matter for the field test...and it worked!

Wide elasticated faux leather strap (I've seen black AND brown versions), a fibrous / horse-hair-type liner band and the liner buffer-pads are different too...it's all different and one wonders why they went to all that trouble all for a couple of holes........

errr....sorry....no net!

?

tut, no net! apart from that nice helmet, have not seen that type of liner and strap before. Curious aswell to the extra holes in the rim

the holes are what make this one....it was a "device" to enable Watchers to see falling ordinance THROUGH their brim

?

Quote by Composite View Post
    the holes are what make this one....it was a "device" to enable Watchers to see falling ordinance THROUGH their brim
    Yes, I read that somewhere, be b----d if I'd hang around to see where they landed tho.

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    Marcus C told me this, too. Is it genuine or Bullsh1t ? I must admit I nearly laughed when he first told it to me .

Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast