Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Some nice commonwealth helmets being shown, just short of some New zealand lids.

How about some Nationalist Chinese Mk.II, would like to see one decent example.

Cheers!
    Taka

Another of mine, RO&Co made, 1939 dated, no maker or date on the mkI liner, only the size. Sadly most of the paint has flaked off the exterior.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And one more, Briggs Motor Bodies 1939, with a very badly damaged 1938 Vero mkI liner. Glossy brown paint with 10th St James scratched on to the upper surface of the rim, not sure but possibly Scouts or something of that ilk, though I could find no history of such a Scout group. It came from Swansea via a boot sale to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

This is NHSR (National Hospital Service Reserve) painted helmet is the only one I have that adds anything new I think. I believe the paint job is 50s in date, while the helmet I believe to be a 1940 BMB, although I can't really see due to the paint. I did have another, almost identical example which I stupidly sold

Oh and Jerry, this is the one from that place in Tenby

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    This is NHSR (National Hospital Service Reserve) painted helmet is the only one I have that adds anything new I think. I believe the paint job is 50s in date, while the helmet I believe to be a 1940 BMB, although I can't really see due to the paint. I did have another, almost identical example which I stupidly sold

Oh and Jerry, this is the one from that place in Tenby
    Thanks for showing it James. They did not have any helmets when I was there, but it is so cramped they might have.

Also thanks to all who have added their mkII's to this thread, great to see such a big response so quickly and hopefully many more to come.
    Regards,

Jerry

I only have one but I'll probably get a few more. I think it's in pretty good nick.

Just to show I don't only do German stuff

?

Nice army Mk2, looks to be made by William Dobson.

?

Default Mk2 R.A.

Here's an Army Royal Artillery with red/blue flash & Artillery badge to the front.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Here's an Army Royal Artillery with red/blue flash & Artillery badge to the front.
    That is a real beauty mate, truly lovely.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 5 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast