Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Nice "ghosting"......the SW might've been Senior Warden...I've seen it before......although one might expect that to be black on white....

'hell, what do I know?!!

Nice lid.....'keep 'em comin', thanks for sharin'

Control Centre Staff, size 7 1/4, no other markings, steel rim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

ah, the ol' BIG Diamond......as far as I can tell these were limited Region-wise..but that region had a whole bunch of markings on top of the Big D....'shame it's been in the wars (literally)...but nice

Next! :-)

?

That's a very interesting one Garys39.

Fire Watcher FW7, EMR (East Midlands Railway) helmet, found many years ago at Swinderby antiques fair, seller had several (all tan and all marked EMR), he had aquired a bulk collection of railway memorabilia to sell, this was by far the best condition out of the several he had, but due to the amount of stuff I had bought and was carrying at the time, this was the only one I bought (fool), only a tenner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Just picked this one up the other day. I believe a pretty standard army issue helmet made by JSS (can't see date) with a Comptons liner (1940). I have not seen this style of liner screw before though.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

No problem with the nut and bolt, sometimes they came without the washer. Helmet is dated 1940, a nice one.

Three more boring ol' Home Fronters...Northern Aluminium Company / Rescue - Industrial ARP (Rubery Owen '39) , Deputy Senior Fire Guard (no stamps visible) and Gas Repair (F&L '39) with underlying "GAS COY"...from Sundays Stoneleigh Fair

....well, I like 'em......

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

SMP
    ?

Nice helmets ! How was the rest of the fair ? I didn't go this year.

?

nice selection of helmets, a friend was at that show too, said it was very busy

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast