Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Guys - there's a thread dedicated to Stoneleigh if you wanna know a bit more about how it was.....

Nothing overly special here....'standard Post Wardens lid..... but I took a flyer on what might've been a sliced-off curtain but as I'd hoped it was screwed up behind the liner headband.....and with a little help from a hair dryer the warm air made it supple enough to unfurl. Now all I've got to do is decide whether to warm'n're-fold or leave out (probably to get damaged!). The curtain is dated '39 and appears to be marked "AW"......'might be somat else.....

'always a challenge these...does one unfurl or leave screwed up as it was found.....but was it's furled state how it was at the end of the war?..had it been in and out post war?...and IF I decide to re-fold it will anyone know anyway.....errr....apart from you lot.....doh!

...nice find tho......

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

SMP
    ?

Lovely addition, Adrian. It deserves to be displayed just as you have it now - unfurled. The trouble is the amount of extra space it takes to display it.

Thank you.....and you're right....but Confucius say "one unfurled MkI curtain equals three non-curtained MkIIs in height"......although there may be a translation issue there.......

that is a fantastic grouping

Default My first ww1 helmet

Unknown Brodie marked helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

two things....welcome!!....and I haven't a clue!...but someone will...and they'll be along shortly

Did anyone else see the $1,000 MkII sell recently?.....sadly I neither have the number nor did I lift the pics (sorry...but if you saw it on Ebay you'll know).....it was sold as a Beachmaster....with a painted badge to front.........nearly £800.....

'not one for my collection (or wallet!!!) but wondered what you military types thought.....

Did anyone else see the $1,000 MkII sell recently?.....sadly I neither have the number nor did I lift the pics (sorry...but if you saw it on Ebay you'll know).....it was sold as a Beachmaster....with a painted badge to front.........nearly £800.....

'not one for my collection (or wallet!!!) but wondered what you military types thought.....

- - ------- - -

....I'm getting good at this double-posting lark......'only wish I knew how I did it!! - soz (as young folk say)

SMP
    ?

Here it is, and no I didn't buy it !

I find it hard to believe any MKII is worth that much, but maybe I am in a minority.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Page 52 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast