Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

...thought I'd bump this one as I'm getting tired of not seeing anything of interest for a while :-)

Here's two old pics of a couple of Home Fronters with shapes on......there are some who believe the yellow paint is gas-reactive....and others who believe it's simply an Area, Sectional, Sub-Rank or similar marking. Triangles were popular too....solid and outline...... The rarest have Dodecahedrons on....in pink.....apparently :-)

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Sorry about one of the pics.....not sure why it's gone all micro on us.....

?

I suppose you couldn’t just get some gas and test that theory huh

?

I would go with gas detecting paint myself.
    I'm out of mustard gas at the mo, to test my theory.

There’s not enough there to be effective as a test panel...the period documentation stated that the panel had to be a lot larger......and why is it on the front and not the top? I’m not convinced....yes it’s yellow...but there’s other shapes in other colours......I’m going with coincidence.......

I expect many of you saw this recently on ebay, not very well listed and collection only (lucky for me, as it was close to work), it was the sellers uncle, fresh out of the cupboard, Kent County Council.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

...saw this one too....it could've been better sold....it was a great price (for the buyer)...well done....how much do you want for it?...'happy to offer a healthy 10% price uplift (you pay postage though)....'any good?

Seriously, it's always nice to have some background info.

OK...this might be my last Post as I'm expecting to be drummed out of the Corp....sabre snapped, epaulets ripped off etc etc...I'm KNOWINGLY posting in the wrong Thread but......

There's a tendency to discuss unknown markings applied to helmets here....in particular those on Civil MkIIs...and I'm one of a very small band of folk who spends every waking hour trying to work out where a helmet was used....who used it...what did he or she do....what was their name...and the vast majority of the time all you get is the likes of "BMB", "RoCo" and "TTC". BUT in America they got it right....they KNEW that in years to come someone would want to know all this stuff.......

Gentlemen and ladies, I present the perfect Home Front helmet:-

....does anyone know what his dog's name was?

NB I should add for consideration by the Mods when they meet to discuss my expulsion that I have added this lid to an existing (and correct) thread (yes, some of us DON'T start a new thread EVERY TIME on the same item!!) ...hopefully they will consider that in my Case for the Defence........

SMP
    ?

Assuming of course that Paul E Robertson wasn't a liar !

...apparently the docks were at Saffron Walden..... :-)

Actually, ol’ Robbo seems to have been a very status-conscious chap.....of course, if this was a Brit lid there’d be a Deputy Supervisor, a Sub Supervisor, a Deputy Sub Supervisor, an Assistant Supervisor etc etc

SMP
    ?

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...apparently the docks were at Saffron Walden..... :-)

Actually, ol’ Robbo seems to have been a very status-conscious chap.....of course, if this was a Brit lid there’d be a Deputy Supervisor, a Sub Supervisor, a Deputy Sub Supervisor, an Assistant Supervisor etc etc

How right you are........ This one is currently for sale on a website ( 2 red bands as well !)
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 69 ... LastLast