Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

I really like that RA lid. Never seen the regiment badge used like that before, is it a decal?

Canadian re used post war by the Dutch, with repaint and post war liner. Shell made by AG/C (Aluminium Goods Company) 1942 dated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

1943 by BMB, re used by the Dutch with repaint and post war liner. I assume this to have been made towards the end of production of British made mkII's. Sorry about the crappy pics, I'll try and take some new ones and edit them in at some stage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Some nice lids being shown here gents I will post up a few more after work tonight.

Regards Mark K

?

The latest dated MK2 I've seen in 44, but not sure if they made them in 45.
    Although it is stamped III it's a Mk2 No.2C.
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

?

Default Mk1*'s

So glad you added the Mk1* as they are so important to the history of the Mk2 & British helmets in WW2.
    The first one was made by Hadfields 1916-19, I think the liner is dated 1937 & made by Helmets Ltd. Helmets Ltd were the first to produce the Mk1 liner 1937, a year before the Mk2 helmet was even made.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

This one was made by Thomas Firth & sons,1915-19, this one has a later dated liner 1940 & made by VERO.
    It has a flash on the side that looks to be a blue or faded purple diamond.
    Note the Mk2 chin strap lug, this one is dated 1939.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Canadian re used post war by the Dutch, with repaint and post war liner. Shell made by AG/C (Aluminium Goods Company) 1942 dated.
    Nice lid Jerry A.G/C Mk II helmets are not seen very often I have been on the look out for one to add to my collection for some time now.

Regards Mark K

?

Another Firth & sons made Mk1*, this one has the Mk1 chin strap lugs on, which had limited use in 1937.
    Flash of the Royal army service corps.
    The Mk1* would have been issued to the army before the Mk2, most of the first Mk2's went to the ARP, fire, & police. Most pictures of the BEF show the Mk1* being used, after that time the Mk2 began to make a bigger showing. Especially for helmets being used by the army.

?

Hi Aaron the latest official production date on Canadian Mk ll's is 1943 but I have seen two C.L./C. helmets dated to 1944 liners on the other hand can be found with 44 and 45 production dates.

Regards Mark K

Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast