Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

...perhaps we should go out one day and look at stuff a long way away....and I'll be able to tell us how far they are away.....AND I could wear the helmet too......that's got "Arrest" and "Local News" written all over it!

SMP
    ?

Couldn't resist it, eh ? No will power !

Congrats. Looks good !

?

picked this one up recently, still holds on to some original green under the liner cradle, but this one has had a dark grey overpaint (with the liner still in it) and then a camo over that, canadian made shell, but can't see any markingsmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Nice... Is this a Brit Royal Navy helmet?

?

I would say Canadian

what tells you it's a Canadian made shell?...and is it green green or khaki (I know...sorry) under the liner....smooth or textured?

?

no problem, it has the clipped corner chinstrap lugs which is usual on canadian made shells, the top screw is also the canadian type, as it does not have the lock nut system like the UK had

On closer look the liner was out when grey over painted, but in the dome its not a very good job and reveals just smooth khaki paint underneath. I can't see the maker mark for the liner apart from the size stamp, could well be under the cross piece, but would be VMC, Viceroy.

Thank you....whilst (hopefully) not specific to this one but the MkII Strap Retaining Lug (the one with the clipped corners) was used a lot on Brit lids.....and I've been lead a merry dance by screw types too....they're pretty easily switched / replaced...but you knew that.

The blue /grey paint appears to be on the outside screw head so it's be safe to assume they were together at least at the time of camo-ing

...as a matter of interest...where did it come from (nationally...not specifically)

...I should add that Camo'd MkIIs isn't my field....I'm just intrigued by the colours!

?

Without seeing any markings, I'd say Canadian.
    If camo is original, then most likely navy.

?

What a beauty! Very nice find of this Helmet.

Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 ... LastLast