MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Here you go Aaron,
    A 1941 New Zealand MkII,Shell manufactured by Commonwealth Steel (Australia) but assembled in New Zealand.
    Chin strap lug has date and N P Z (New Zealand Pressings) marking.
    Originally would have had a Australian Dunlop Liner,however this one has a British CCL 1952 replacement Liner inserted.(must rectify that )
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Quote by tinlid View Post
    So glad you added the Mk1* as they are so important to the history of the Mk2 & British helmets in WW2.

Indeed Aaron, they were always mean't to be included but I thought it best to edit the title to make sure they were. Thanks for showing yours and a mkI* is high on my wanted list of items for my collection.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice lid Jerry A.G/C Mk II helmets are not seen very often I have been on the look out for one to add to my collection for some time now.

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark, I think that only 20,000 were made by this maker mostly if not all for the RCAF and they are quite hard to find. A shame this one has been dutchified.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That's the full set, well done Mick.

Great thread. Here's a couple of mine Aust, RSA, US, UK
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-08-2019 at 09:45 PM.

?

Another one to add to the thread gents Canadian A.R.P. Mk II the liner is in a size 7 and was manufactured by V.M.C II and dated 1942 the helmet has the name of one H DUDLEY written on the inside skirt and on the outer part of the shell.
    Upon receiving this Mk II I removed the liner for a better look and alas there was no manufacturers mark and or date code which is very odd indeed for a Canadian manufactured Mk II the helmet is manufactured from manganese (non magnetic ) and has riveted chin strap lugs instead of welded which denotes that this helmet is constructed from combat grade materials and not mild steel.
    In 1942 there was a batch of GSW manufactured shells that did not stand up to final inspection and were consequently issued for civil defense and used by the A.R.P. but these shells should have all been stamped with the batch code A.P.
    I would consider this helmet a one off if I did not have two more in my collection just like it with no Manufacturers mark and or date code .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

One more odd duck to add to the thread gents as previously mentioned this particular Mk II as well is devoid of any manufacturers mark and or dated code the liner is as well V.M.C. 1942 in size 7 1/4 she makes a good display stand for my minty first variation Canadian two tone camo net.

Regards Mark K

a superb thread jerry ,so many nice examples ,ive enjoyed viewing them all ,how nice does that two tone canadian netting look ,ill start off with my ww1 brodie raw edge relicmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

my 1939 dated warden's helmet ,it has an inscription on the underside ,at first i thought U.S.S but i can now see clearly j.s.s and below h.f.vmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

and lastly my mk11mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast