Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    When we last went to see Marcus I asked him about nets, sure he said 39 was when they were first used.
    I don't remember that, but if MC said it it must be true . If only he would write a book .................

Be careful what you wish for.........

?

I don't think I have shown this one before. It is a Canadian 1943 marked helmet and liner, with a 16" two tone knotted net. I have taken the net off once and the helmet has a great net shadow on it. I like the way that someone tied the net, they pulled the string tight, and then pulled it under the liner and wrapped it around the cruciform.
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 07-08-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: forgot pictures

?

This is the picture, but it's 1940,whether with the BEF or after?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

...sorry, no net or machine guns......or green paint...or stippling......or regimental flashes....or any interest come to think of it but hey, I was passing with the camera......

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

......Assistant to the GIO....as we all know by now. BMB-made 1940 Mk2 liner, shell stamps are too weak to establish the makers but it's from that famous batch of steel D33.....yep, good ol' D33....what a batch that was...so much better than that D32 which was rubbish...and common......but D33?....eh?.........the Solingen of MkII steel right?

....I could put a net on it if it'd help?

?

Will the net be mustard green also? If so yes please do. And yes screw that that D32... it knows what it did.

May I humbly announce the forthcoming launch of our book on Helmets of the Home Front.....they're mostly MkIIs so it fits here.

I apologise if this is inappropriate here but there's enough HF helmets in this thread to make it relevant. I'll post more info elsewhere when I find a more appropriate slot and will happily handle questions via PM....please let's not turn this amazing Thread into a sales pitch.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Can't wait, looks like there is going to be a lot of reading and learning.

SMP
    ?

Just scanning the index page and can't find the section on nets ! Will I get a discount ?

?

Oh yes there is, I think you are going to be surprised.

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 82 ... LastLast