Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Quote by James C View Post
    a superb thread jerry ,so many nice examples ,ive enjoyed viewing them all ,
    Thanks James, though all the posters deserve equal credit IMHO.

My WWI example, it has the rippled dome suggestive of a raw edge, though it appears to have traces of a missing rim trim seen on MKI's, so perhaps a very early MKI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great thread, when are we going to get a book on British Helmets ! Here are a few of mine.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Camo named to Scarr, somewhere I have his gas mask also, which has attached his identity disc.

Home front, also picked up a nice NFS helmet with this one.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Thanks James, though all the posters deserve equal credit IMHO.

My WWI example, it has the rippled dome suggestive of a raw edge, though it appears to have traces of a missing rim trim seen on MKI's, so perhaps a very early MKI.
    too true jerry credit to all those who have added to this great thread ,too many to comment on individually though ,i hope this thread goes from strength to strength

?

Some lovely helmets there Gary.

?

I will second that Aaron I love the Medic and the camo Mk II's Gary.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 01-05-2014 at 01:08 AM.

?

Another Mk II from my collection this helmet was part of a three helmet lot that I purchased from a dealer and it caused a we bit of a kerfuffle on the original post the shell is a 1940 dated RO&CO Mk II with a Mk III chinstrap .
    This helmet is a bit off an oddity it has what would appear to be a Greek refurbished liner ,Mk III chin strap , S.A liner retention nut bolt and washer and the Norwegian Coat of Arms is on the front of the helmet instead of the side which is out of the norm for Norwegian Reissues .
    This helmet is indeed a bit of an odd duck how did all these components come together to make up this helmet it shows signs of heavy wear , usage and a nice patina to the shell and the liner not what I would expected to see in a Norg reissue any ways there it is my many thanks to Greg Pickersgill for helping me identify all the components and his valuable input to the original post .

Regards Mark K

SMP
    ?

A mki*

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    They might not come in different shapes or sizes, but they do come in different colours.
    Black, grey,brown, green, blue, yellow & white. I could do with a red one though.
    Very nice collection Tinlid, some very hard to find helmets you have there. The home front helmets are really interesting to me, the volume and variation show the impact on the civilian population and an example of the what was meant by total war.

What is the helmet with the yellow band and the 10 on the front?

Page 8 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 ... LastLast