Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

British Thomson Houston F A P helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Stunning piece....and with BTHs involvement in the whole helmet production space......

This one I've had a while and it has grown on me ,all opinions welcome .i haven’t done well on the pictures sorry .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Last edited by Satch67; 04-05-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Pi quality

SMP
    ?

I have doubts about it. I hope I am wrong

Hi what are your doubts?can you explain please,I’m always willing to learn.
    Last edited by Satch67; 04-05-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

SMP
    ?

I looks like a hand painted imitation of a MOF logo. You can buy replica MOF decals . This one has all the look of our favourite e-bay seller
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Did the MF decal excist during 39-45 period?does reproduction decals on eBay condemn this helmet?

SMP
    ?

I can't answer that - It is way outside my area of expertise. I can only give you may opinion as a collector. So, this is what I think - why hand paint such a complicated logo on a helmet ? Logic dictates you would simply write "M.o.F." or if you were a talented sign writer, "Ministry of Food". If you really need a complicated, coloured logo, you would commission a decal manufacturer, like the NFS and others did. Also, as a collector, I see similarities in style of the painting to other past e-bay offerings.
    I hope I am wrong, so maybe other, more advanced collectors, will offer their opinions ( Adrian ?)
    Last edited by SMP; 04-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Yes I agree,but why go to the bother of hand painting a decal when you can buy one from eBay and fit it add a few hits and scraps job done,Smp I value your imput and I appreciate you taking the time to respond ,at the moment I’m still on the side of happy with this helmet,

I stopped trusting MoF markings when stencils started to be sold....same with WLA and a few others. The fact is we’ll never KNOW for sure unless/until a copier comes forward to admit their work. As I can’t decide if they’re right or wrong I stay away.......but that’s not a judgement, it’s just what I do.

We all have pieces we doubt...I change my mind regularly about questionable items....the only thing that matters is whether YOU’RE happy with YOUR pieces.

...it’s just paint.........

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast