Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Composite thank you for your imput,

Default Rajputana Rifles MkII helmet

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

This is my very first helmet I purchased in c.1983 for a grand total of £3 pocket money! I still like it. It is stamped Ro&Co JP 1939. Liner dated 1939 too. Unfortunately, the cruciform pad got very sticky and sort of slid out of position.
    The helmet is factory finished in a green paint as can be seen under the rim. It was then given a granular sandy brown coat. The painter appears to have spilt some on the underside rim.
    Think, this is possibly for Italian theatre. Supporting this theory is the unit marking/name: Capt. H.T.M. Hopkin, 6 Raj Rif, a unit which served in Italy and also Burma I think.
    I would be interested in any opinions…

?

Nice looking helmet.

SMP
    ?

Excellent MKII army . The name and unit history make it a very special find. Best £3 you ever spent !

Yes indeed. My grandad took me to buy this from a young collector who was selling his stuff. He laughed so much all the way home, as he had worn this kit himself in WW2 and it tickled him that I had paid £3 for it!

Anyway, I think there may even be remains of a flash - some grass green paint remnants evident - or is it wishful thinking? Not sure if Raj Rif wore a regimental flash in this colour? Tried to get a photo of it - not good and needs a closer shot.

I have tired at National Archives to obtain some documentation on helmet colours/camo etc but dug up nothing despite repeated searching...

Nothing to add really...’just wanted to see an interesting Thread in the New Posts list for a change. :-)

Sorry

Wink

Ooops... ...wandered in by mistake - thought it was 'Mk II & I Third Reich helmets...'

Nice to see a new helmet on this thread
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Good Morning, or afternoon location dependant.

Here is a local purchase I made, found in western MB.

From my limited knowledge in helmets, this is a rimmed General Steel Wares mk 2 made in 1941 in Toronto.

I can see a dark shade of green as the base, with a second lighter green in a stucco type texture on top. under the lid is a blackcovering that would go towards the liner.

Back on top of the shell are specks of black paint, and a bright red flash of some sort on the 12o clock. the red is under both greens, and in the closeups you can see the raised texture under the green.

the chinstraps look to have been burnt off.

Its my first helmet so im excited to show it off in my "war room".

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

This one is quite special but visually unimpressive. The book-buyers will recognise the "RTF" Fire Force oval transfer in place of the usual FF number...but what's nice is the underlying FF 38 transfer is still visible.

No net, net ghosting, flashes, stippled paint....sorry 'bout that.....but if you're into this sh*t you'll like this.

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31717778798081