Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Default mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of numbers allocated to the Royal Welch Fusiliers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is an interesting helmet, and a nice start.

I am looking forward to see more Mk.II in this new thread.

Thank you for creating this thread.

Cheers!
    Taka

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    That is an interesting helmet, and a nice start.

I am looking forward to see more Mk.II in this new thread.

Thank you for creating this thread.

Cheers!
    Taka
    Thanks.

Hopefully all the forum contributors will add theirs to this thread and make it a one stop resource for mkII helmets.

Regards,

Jerry

A home front helmet, mkII no2 1C I think made of sub standard steel and marked on the rim as such by the drilling of 3 holes. Maker is again JS&S, probably 1940 though the 0 is hidden behind the chin strap mount, liner is marked G&S 1940 which is for Gimson & Slater, Nottingham and is not a common one I think.

The stencilled logo on the front is not known, but is probably for a factory guard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

?

A really nice home front factory Mk2 No.2C.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A really nice home front factory Mk2 No.2C.
    Thanks mate, hopefully you will post some of your impressive collection to this thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Default Gas Identification Officer

In about September 1941 it was directed that gas indentification officers should have their helmets painted yellow. This being the case with this one, but before that they were painted black with white letters.
    Most are marked GIO but this one is just GI but is still the same,gas identification officer.
    The other helmet is GIS gas indentification service.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Jeez Jerry that did not take you long you must really have some pull around here
    I will post some of mine up later l am busy plowing snow right now.
    Before this thread gets to large is there any way to break it down to civi and combat lids for easier navigation when one is searching for referance material.

Regards Mark K

here is a picture of my Dutch mkII the one in the net with my British mkII N02c shell made By BMB and liner mad by TTC both in 1940

One of my many! Packed away at the moment so I don't know the maker. It doesn't have a liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast