Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII NFS 1941 section 26

Article about: I picked this up yesterday on an early finish on a job in Cardiff, a pretty good NFS MKII with decals for sector 26, for Liverpool I think, period repainted in matt black. Liner is a Vero 19

Default MKII NFS 1941 section 26

I picked this up yesterday on an early finish on a job in Cardiff, a pretty good NFS MKII with decals for sector 26, for Liverpool I think, period (?) repainted in matt black. Liner is a Vero 1941 but the shell markings are only partly visible and are not clear enough to be certain, but Rubbery Owen & co seems likely?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII NFS 1941 section 26   MKII NFS 1941 section 26  

MKII NFS 1941 section 26   MKII NFS 1941 section 26  

Last edited by Jerry B; 10-11-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Interesting they've painted it black, as khaki green was their colours.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Interesting they've painted it black, as khaki green was their colours.
    As I mentioned it is over painted, but I have no idea why (or when for that matter), perhaps for post war use as I seem to remember seeing fire mans helmets in black, though when that was introduced, if it was, I do not know.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I think from 1947 they went back to County fire brigades, with black paint & their county badge on the front.
    So at first glance you think that's what it might be, but I think they did away with the NFS decal.
    It's probably one of those unknown ones which we don't have the info for, & is all WW2 painted.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII NFS 1941 section 26   MKII NFS 1941 section 26  

Another oddity then, overpainted black but with the decals still showing, amazing how much is not known even with items like this. I sure I have seen other examples with black paint and decals.

Thanks as always for chipping in with your knowledge and opinions Aaron.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

A little on the odd side with the black repaint Jerry compared to the other examples I have seen but for me makes this particular Mk II a tad more interesting and one I would be happy to have in my own collection.

Regards Mark

It came from a dealer in Cardiff who I have been buying from for circa 20 years, an honest guy and he had bought a big collection of helmets recently, which included the MKIII I posted a few months back. He also had a nice home front MKII with smooth greenish paint that with hindsight I should have grabbed whilst I was there. He had an A marked ambulance, two police and a few others for sale and his own collection of HG and other home front helmets is the best I have ever seen and is on display in the shop. I must remember to take some pics of it next time I visit him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice I like it, didn't they place the number on the brim or is it done by the person who owns the helmet?

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    Very nice I like it, didn't they place the number on the brim or is it done by the person who owns the helmet?
    I saw one today on a blueygrey shell with no sign it ever had a district number on it, just the NFS decal, so who knows with these, not me.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Maybe un-numbered NFS helmets were for headquaters staff, & ones without the NFS decal were people who worked for the NFS but were not firemen?
    Or there was a shortage of the decals at that time when they were issued with their helmets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast