Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MkII NFS helmet

Article about: Here I have an NFS helmet with the number 26 which is the district number for my home town of Liverpool. The helmet also has 2 red lines running around the helmet designating the rank of sec

Default MkII NFS helmet

Here I have an NFS helmet with the number 26 which is the district number for my home town of Liverpool. The helmet also has 2 red lines running around the helmet designating the rank of section leader. The helmet appears to have 2 coats of paint and it is near impossible to work out the maker without scraping off the paint (I can just make out either a B or an R) and the date has the chin strap riveted through it The firemans service number is also painted in white under the brow of the helmet (638469). The liner is manufactured by VERO in 1939 and is a size 6 3/4. The liner is unusual compared to a lot of the helmets I have as you can see 2 lots of split pin rivets on each of the cross part of the liner. Thanks for looking and her is a good link to the fire fighting services during WW2.
    WW2 Fire Brigades
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII NFS helmet   MkII NFS helmet  

MkII NFS helmet   MkII NFS helmet  

MkII NFS helmet   MkII NFS helmet  

MkII NFS helmet  

Another nice lid from your collection. I also have a Liverpool firemans lid.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have 2 more another NFS and a AFS with a neck guard dated 1939 will post them up tomorrow

?

A nice numbered NFS S/Leader. The shell will be dated 1939, probably made by BMB, they were good at putting the chin strap lug over the date to p--- o-- collectors in the future.
    The split pins on the liner are normal on a Mk1 liner, that's what holds the rubber buffer in place. On a Mk2 liner the rubber buffers are push fit.

A very nice NFS MKII helmet, thanks for showing it. Leon.

Very nice MKII from the NFS and thanks for posting it.

Matt

Very nice NFS mkII and even more special to be issued to your home city
    regards james

Hi...nice lid...any chance of a pic of that AFS one you mentioned earlier with the neck guard...I've not seen one of those

Ade

Hi Ade I have already put up that AFS on the forum just have a little look back and you will see it

Thank you...'had a look...no luck...no biggie...my loss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast